“To restore all things in Christ” ~ Saint Pius X
This devotion was introduced to the world by Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey with approval of several popes such as St. Pius X, Benedict XV and Pius XI. Fr. Mateo, a priest from Chile traveled the world including the United States in 1940.
Benefits of this devotionOur Lord’s promises:
1) “I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.”
2) “I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.”
3) “I will establish peace in their families.”
4) “I will comfort them in their trials.”
*The above promises were taken from the 12 promises made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque in 1673.
How to make it happen:
2) Ask your priest to come to enthrone the Sacred Heart in your home.
Note: In the event a priest is not available, there may be a lay member or “promoter” in charge of this apostolate in your parish. Even the father or mother of the house may lead the prayers in this simple, yet powerful, ceremony.3) If possible, make this a special occasion by inviting some of your friends and family.
This will help others pick up the same idea for their own homes.
4) Print up the prayers for the participants to follow. (click here for prayers)
5) Prepare some refreshments for after the Enthronement ceremony.
The ceremonyThe steps in the ceremony are:
1) An opening hymn or prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus;
2) An explanation of the meaning of the Enthronement;
3) The blessing of the image or statue of the Sacred Heart by the priest;
4) Placement of the image of the Sacred Heart in a place of honor in the home;
5) The Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart;
6) A closing hymn (optional).