Saturday, September 24, 2011

These “telephone volunteers” worked so Our Lady would be honored with 7,200 rosary rallies on October 15

By Bernard Slobodnik

Over 100 America Needs Fatima members from across the country and Canada generously volunteered their time to recruit Rally Captains at the Rosary Rally Crusade Office in Rossville, Kansas. Without their dedication, the goal of 7,000 Rosary rallies held on October 15, 2011 would not have been possible. Below, some of them share their experiences in volunteering and recruiting for the 2011 Public Square Rosary Crusade.

NUMBERS;

Telephone Volunteers: 114
Days of volunteer effort to recruit Rosary Captains: 91
Hours spent at the phones: 9,828
Calls made by volunteers: 163,800
Messages left on answering machines: 98,280
Lunch and dinner plates prepared for volunteers: 2,184
Pots of coffee made: 728
Masses Attended: 1,638

Most people don’t know what to do to help correct our societal moral decay and the many problems our country is facing. Organizing Rosary Rallies is a perfect and simple solution.  While volunteering for 3 weeks in Kansas, I talked to many people throughout the country who were more than glad to get the call. No money, no politics. . . just prayer. Most people said, “I can do that.”

Volunteering for such a well organized outfit as ANF was a blessing and a life changing experience. I now feel more empowered to do more organizing in my area. Thanks ANF!

Mrs. Adrienne Coleman

I had heard a lot about America Needs Fatima but wasn’t sure what it was all about so this was quite an experience.  My calls focused on telling people why they should be involved in praying the Rosary with family and friends in a public place for America. The Rally Captains I signed up were really excited to be Fatima apostles praying for their country.  For me it was a blessing to dispense God’s mercy by praying for people who asked me to pray with them. Some called me their Angel of Mercy.

I am taking back with me to Canada a lot of good memories and names of the people who touched me in a special way during my two-week trip.  I would encourage everyone who has a calling to be Mary’s disciple to be involved by donating his or her time for this worthwhile cause.  Thank you ANF for making it possible.

Mr. Toni Crasto

Recruiting rally captains was actually a lot of fun! The first call was the hardest but after that it was a breeze.  The volunteers really provided a support system for one another.  Being able to meet different people from all over the country was amazing!  The ANF staff and volunteers have such a strong faith!  The experience was beautiful and I look forward to returning next year to recruit more captains for Our Lady!

Miss Maria Guida

From the moment of my arrival as a volunteer, I could sense the spiritual enlightenment of this magnificent event. The prayerful atmosphere increased my desire to volunteer again next year to fulfill my obligation to Our Lady of Fatima.

The accommodation provided in lodging, meals, transportation to Holy Mass and place of work is commendable. The praying of the Rosary to and from work and in the evening in front of a candlelit statue of Our Lady of Fatima is such an uplifting spiritual event that no volunteer wants to miss.

Mr. Joseph R. B. Levesque

I found myself in the midst of conservative Catholic Kansas. Knowing my centrist views my friends chuckled. But I was amazed at ‘homeschooling’ for the children, the number of children in each family, the simplicity of life and total commitment to our Catholic Faith. It was heart-warming.

Our work consisted of telephoning people to join in praying the Rosary for America on October 15th, Saturday at 12 Noon, honoring Our Lady of Fatima visibly out of the home, in the front yard, sidewalk, park or street corner. We did help raise the number of commitments. This prayer for America is like a wave, starting from the East and ending in the West.

Mrs. Blanca Pinon

My experience at ANF was one that I will always remember. It was a time for me to give back to my country and faith in a way I never saw myself doing. Making those phone calls and communicating with people eager to start a rally, skeptical in their commitment or even the occasional hang up was something new to experience. The atmosphere at ANF was something that really hit home. Everybody was excited to work and it felt like a family away from home. I know, without any doubt, I would love to be back next year to serve our country, our Lady and our God.

Mr. Ralph Guida

This was a godsend and unforgettable experience! Traveling to Kansas gave me many opportunities to evangelize and be evangelized. I was able to use my bilingual gift to invite rally captains to lead the rosary in public. This experience has inspired many Catholics to pray to Our Lady of Fatima for America. It also provided me with spiritual time to devote to Our Lord Jesus Christ. I had fun bonding with volunteers from other states and from Quito, Ecuador. Thanks to the ANF staff for their hospitality.

Mrs. Ruth Garcia

I did not know what to expect when I went to Kansas, but I knew Our Lady of Fatima would be with me and reward my efforts. How richly rewarded I have been! My love and devotion to the Rosary has grown much deeper and I am now able to take it home and share it with my family and parish. It was so wonderful to meet many different people that share my devotion to Jesus and Mary and I am grateful for the friendships I have made. Even though I was “working,” this trip seemed much more like a spiritual retreat and I am looking forward to returning next year!

Miss Becki Gould

My final call encapsulated the blessing of the rosary rallies. This person was overwhelmed with a feeling of being alone, as a Catholic, amid all the news which surrounded her family life: Problems with our country, our faith, and their own lives. As the conversation concluded, she joined us a Rosary Rally Captain. She and I can no longer feel alone, knowing that thousands upon thousands of

Catholics will be preparing, praying, and stepping out in the public square to pray the rosary for America.

Mr. Jim Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment