Monday, August 31, 2009

The Power of a Single Hail Mary

B Y S A I N T L O U I S D E M O N F O R T

One day, when Saint Mechtilde was praying and trying
to think of some way in which she could express
her love of the Blessed Mother better than she
had done before, she fell into ecstasy.

30_Sacred Image_082609

Our Lady appeared to her with the Angelic Salutation in flaming
letters of gold upon her bosom and said to the saint:

“My daughter, I want you to know that no one can
please me more than by saying the salutation, which
the Most Adorable Trinity sent to me and by which He
raised me to the dignity of Mother of God.

“By the word Ave, which is the name for Eve, I
learned that in His infinite power God had preserved
me from all sin and its attendant misery that Eve had
been subject to.

“The name Mary, which means ‘lady of light,’ shows
that God has filled me with wisdom and light, like a
shining star, to light up heaven and Earth.

“The words full of grace remind me that the Holy
Spirit has showered so many graces upon me that I am
able to give these graces in abundance to those who ask
for them through me as Mediatrix.

“When people say The Lord is with thee, they renew
the indescribable joy that was mine when the Eternal
Word became incarnate in my womb.

“When you say to me blessed art thou among
women, I praise Almighty God’s divine mercy, which
lifted me to this exalted plane of happiness.

“And at the words blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus, the whole of heaven rejoices with me to see my
Son Jesus Christ adored and glorified for having saved
mankind.”

*Adapted from Saint Louis de Montfort’s The Secret of the
Rosary (Montfort Publications, Bay Shore, N.Y., 1954), 44–45.

4 comments:

  1. Power of the Holy Rosary provides peace in Ukraine Look to the skies an explosion of love by the virgin mary for Ukraine The evil from Putin is expelled immediately by the power of the Holy Rosary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power of the Holy Rosary will defeat Russia and protect the Ukraine Marys Army surrounding all the evil and the protect Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power of the Holy Rosary provides peace in Ukraine Look to the skies an explosion of love by the virgin mary for Ukraine The evil from Putin is expelled immediately by the power of the Holy Rosary

    ReplyDelete