Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Prayer of Saint Gemma Galgani for love of suffering

Oh Jesus, why am I not burned up with love for you?  Why is it that my heart is not consumed with Love's flame?  Why is it that my love does not correspond to yours?

Oh Jesus, how much time I have lost!  How many years I could have loved You and I did not do so. But your bounty makes me hope to be able to make up for lost time.

Why did you suffer for me, dear Jesus?  For love! The nails.., the crown.., the cross... all for love of me.

For You I sacrifice everything willingly.  I offer You my body with all its weakness and my Soul with all its love.  My God, dear Jesus, remove whatever malice may be at the bottom of my offering, and then accept it.

Do not abandon me, Jesus, I am yours.  Take care of my soul.  Think of what you have borne to save it.  Surely they are right who say, "To suffer is to love." 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment