Thursday, April 12, 2012

Very rare photo of saint in ecstasy

image

This is not a pose.

It is a real photo of Saint Gemma Galgani, taken by her step brother while she was in ecstasy. She did not know it was being taken.

Actually, her ecstasies were so frequent, that she wrote to her Confessor

"Monsignor, listen: I am almost in despair. Angela knows everything about me. [Gemma’s younger sister] This morning she spoke about my affairs as if they were nothing and my brother along with her made fun of them. I am not the least afraid of their ridicule, you know. But from 11:00 this morning until this hour, which is 3:00pm, she has not left me alone. She says that she wants to see everything. She seems almost like a little devil. My aunts laugh at these things and I have a great desire to weep. She has even brought her companions from school into the house saying to them in order to make fun of me: 'Come, let us go and see Gemma in ecstasy.' And yesterday evening in front of the house she repeated these words in a loud voice."

No comments:

Post a Comment