Monday, November 26, 2012

The Novena of Grace Prayers


Attributed to Father Marcello Mastrilli, S.J., 17th century.
Origins of the Novena of Grace.


This Novena prayer was passed down through the ages:
"Most amiable and most loving Saint Francis Xavier, in union with thee I reverently adore the Divine Majesty. I rejoice exceedingly on account of the marvelous gifts which God bestowed upon thee. I thank God for the special graces He gave thee during thy life on earth and for the great glory that came to thee after thy death. I implore thee to obtain for me, through thy powerful intercession, the greatest of all blessings -- that of living and dying in the state of grace. I also beg of thee to secure for me the special favor I ask in this novena.
Mention requests here…

In asking this favor, I am fully resigned to the Divine Will. I pray and desire only to obtain that which is most conducive to the greater glory of God and the greater good of my soul."

V. Pray for us, Saint Francis Xavier.


R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

O God, Who didst vouchsafe, by the preaching and miracles of Saint Francis Xavier, to join unto Thy Church the nations of the Indies, grant, we beseech Thee, that we who reverence his glorious merits may also imitate his example, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Add 3 Our Father's and 3 Hail Mary's in memory of Saint Francis Xavier's devotion to the Most Holy Trinity, and Glory be 10 times in thanksgiving for the graces received during his 10 years of apostleship.

Origins of the Novena of Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Saint Francis for leading me to this novena. I humbly ask for your intercession to our Lord for my son, Nick. I thank you now for your prayers because I know that our Lord Jesus will hear and answer you. Praise to the Lord Jesus Christ for his mercy. brenmarie

    ReplyDelete