Sunday, September 23, 2018

Novena to Saint Therese of the Child Jesus


September 23rd to October 1st


Start Novena with this prayer each day:
Dearest St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus, you said that you would spend your time in heaven doing good on earth.
Your trust in God was complete. Pray that He may increase my trust in His goodness and mercy as I ask for the following petitions…
(mention your intentions)
Pray for me that I, like you, may have great and innocent confidence in the loving promises of our God. Pray that I may live my life in union with God’s plan for me, and one day see the Face of God whom you loved so deeply.
St. Thérèse, you were faithful to God up until the moment of your death. Pray for me that I may be faithful to our loving God. May my life bring peace and love to the world through faithful endurance of love for God our savior.
Amen 

DAY ONE DAY TWO DAY THREE
DAY FOUR DAY FIVE DAY SIX
DAY SEVEN DAY EIGHT DAY NINE


DAY ONE
Loving God, you blessed St. Thérèse with a capacity for a great love. Help me to believe in your unconditional love for each of your children, especially for me.
St. Thérèse, privileged Little Flower of Jesus and Mary, I approach you with childlike confidence and deep humility.
I lay before you my desires, and beg that through your intercession they may be realized.
Did you not promise to spend your heaven doing good upon earth? Grant me according to this promise the favors I am asking from you.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY TWO
Loving God, you loved St. Thérèse’s complete trust in your care. Help me to rely on your providential care in each circumstance of my life, especially the most difficult and stressful.
O dear little St. Thérèse, as I am one of those children for whom Christ died, obtain for me all the graces I need in order to profit by that Precious Blood.
Use your great power with our divine Lord and pray for me.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY THREE
Loving God, you gave St. Thérèse the ability to see You in the ordinary routine of each day. Help me to be aware of your presence in the everyday events of my life.
Dear Little Flower, make all things lead me to heaven and God. Whether I look at the sun, the moon, the stars and the vast expanse in which they float, or whether I look at the flowers of the field, the trees of the forest, the beauties of the earth so full of color and so glorious, may they speak to me of the love and power of God; may they all sing His praises in my ear.
Like you may I daily love Him more and more in return for His gifts. Teach me often to deny myself in my dealings with others, that I may offer to Jesus many little sacrifices.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY FOUR
Loving God, You taught St. Thérèse how to find You through the “little way” of humility and simplicity. Grant that I may never miss the grace hidden in humble service to others.
Dear Little Flower of Carmel, bearing so patiently the disappointments and delays allowed by God, and preserving in the depths of your soul an unchanging peace because you sought only God’s will, obtain for me a complete conformity to that adorable Will in all the trials and disappointments of life.
If the favors I am asking during this Novena are pleasing to God, obtain them for me. If not, it is true I shall feel the refusal keenly, but I wish only God’s Will as you did. I pray that Jesus will be the perfect fulfillment of all my wishes as He was for you.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY FIVE
Loving God, You gave St. Thérèse the gift of forgiving others even when she felt hurt and betrayed. Help me to be able to forgive others who have wounded me, especially…
Little Flower of Jesus, from the very first moment of your religious life you thought only of denying yourself in all things so as to follow Jesus more perfectly; help me to bear patiently the trials of my daily life.
Teach me to make use of the trials, the sufferings, the humiliations, that come my way, to learn to know myself better and to love God more.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY SIX
Loving God, St. Thérèse experienced every day as a gift from You. She saw it as a time to love You through other people. May I, too, see every day as an opportunity to say yes to You.
St. Thérèse, Patroness of the Missions, be a great missionary throughout the world to the end of time. Remind our Master of His own words, "The harvest is great, but the laborers are few."
Your zeal for souls was so great, obtain a like zeal for those now working for souls, and beg God to multiply their numbers, that the millions to whom Jesus is yet unknown may be brought to know, love and follow Him.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY SEVEN
Loving God, St. Thérèse offered to You her weakness. Help me to see in my weakness an opportunity to rely completely on you.
O little martyr of Love, you know now even better than in the days of your pilgrimage that Love embraces all vocations; that it is Love alone which counts, which unites us perfectly to God and conforms our will with His. All you sought on earth was love; to love Jesus as He had never yet been loved.
Use your power in heaven to make us love Him. If only we love Him we shall desire to make Him loved by others; we shall pray much for souls. We shall no longer fear death, for it will unite us to Him forever.
Obtain for us the grace to do all for the love of God, to give Him pleasure, to love Him so well that He may be pleased with us as He was with you.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY EIGHT
Loving God, You loved St. Thérèse with a powerful love and made her a source of strength to those who had lost faith in You.
Help me to pray with confidence for those in my life who do not believe they can be loved.
Dear St. Thérèse, like you I have to die one day. I beseech you, obtain from God, by reminding Him of your own precious death, that I may have a holy death, strengthened by the Sacraments of the Church, entirely resigned to the most holy Will of God, and burning with love for Him.
May my last words on earth be, "My God. I love You."
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



DAY NINE
Loving God, St. Thérèse never doubted that her life had meaning. Help me to see how I can bless and love everyone in my life. Especially…
Dear Little St. Thérèse, by love and suffering while you were on earth, you won the power with God which you now enjoy in heaven. Since your life there began, you have showered down countless blessings on this poor world; you have been an instrument made use of by your divine Spouse to work countless miracles.
I beg of you to remember all my wants. Sufferings must come to me also, may I use them to love God more, and follow my Jesus better. You are especially the little missionary of love.
Make me love Jesus more, and all others for His sake. With all my heart I thank the most Holy Trinity for the wonderful blessings conferred on you, and upon the world through you.
Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…



Read:

No comments:

Post a Comment