Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lady from Malaysia is very grateful for Miraculous Medal

For the past few years (I think), your emails and the stories you share have helped me very greatly in my faith.

I wish to share a story with you.

I've always noticed the free posters or offers you have on your website but it's always only been for Americans.  I live in Malaysia :) 

Well, that's okay.  You serve who you can and that is already so good of you.  Last year, a friend in Australia urged me to fill in one of the offer forms .. I think it was for a calendar.  At first I said no.  Then at her urging, I filled it up, not expecting to get anything. 

To my surprise, one day I received a Miraculous Medal in the post.  I saw the invitation to donate and I wanted to but I never got around to it.

Then this January the construction of my house began.  Then my husband asked me for medals to place in the foundation of our home.  I went around town and couldn't find a single Miraculous Medal.  There WERE medals available but in different shapes and designs. 

We wanted the original design.  My mum had given me one a long time ago but that was it.  THEN I remembered the medal you sent to me.  I opened my box of rosaries and medals and there it was.  You cannot imagine how I felt. 

I wanted that particular medal so badly.  One nicked and old medal seemed insufficient.... but now thanks to you, I had another.  So now my husband is busy overseeing the construction of the slab on which our house will rest.  In the cement will rest two beautiful medals; one from my mum and one from America, so far away :)

I KNOW a medal is not a magic charm but it IS a sacramental and knowing that the foundation of my house had two medals embedded gives me such a feeling of peace.

Thank you for sending the medal, even though it wasn't in your 'job specification'.  It means more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment