It's Not Okay to Mock Jesus Christ and the Christian Faith!
February 10th 2011
Calling All Christians to ACTION!
Cleveland Right to Life Joins Area Groups Calling for a Boycott of the Lakewood Beck Center
(February 14th 2011, Cleveland, Ohio)
As a follow up to our email sent on February 10th 2011 The Beck Center Boycott wants to say thank you! There has been a rash of phone calls and emails to the Beck Center threatening a boycott if Jerry Springer: The Opera is performed.Jerry Springer:The Opera on Friday, February 18th.
Please spread the word and continue to encourage others to join the boycott. We must keep up the pressure. Facebook is also an excellent way of doing this.
The NEXT STEP is to contact the funders on whom the Beck Center depends.
To contact the Beck Center FUNDERS, please go to Beck Center Boycott at this link
To remind you why we have joined this boycott we republish part of our previous email:
Beck Center in Lakewood plans to open the blasphemous play/opera Jerry Springer: The Opera....
To give you an idea of how repulsive and anti-Christian this production is, in the U.K. the BBC shattered its previous record for complaints received over airing a show (1,200 for The Last Temptation of Christ) with 47,000 complaints over airing Jerry Springer:The Opera. BBC producer Anthony Pitts quit the BBC after the its broadcast of Jerry Springer saying,"The blasphemy was far, far worse than even the most detailed news reports led me to believe."
Below are examples of some of the blasphemous content. We regret to have to provide these accounts. We have still withheld a more detailed version as that would be too vulgar and blasphemous to include here. Jesus is introduced as that "hypocrite son of the fascist tyrant on high, Jesus of Nazareth." (Jesus' immature behavior thereafter confirms the title.)
- Jesus is portrayed as an effeminate character who wears nothing but a diaper.
- Jerry Springer scolds Jesus, "Jesus, grow up for Christ's sake....!
- Jesus admits "Actually, I am a bit gay."
- Eve engages in a sexual act with Jesus, and the two also get into a physical brawl.
- The Eucharist is referred to as a "biscuit," and then what appears to be a Eucharistic host is desecrated.
- The audience is told that Mary became pregnant with Jesus through being raped by the Angel Gabriel and God.
- Mary angrily yells at her son, Jesus, accusing him of abandoning her. Satan joins Mary in her rebuke of Jesus' behavior towards her.
- God the Father is portrayed as being overwhelmed with running the world and so asks Jerry Springer to join him to "sit in Heaven beside me, hold my hand and guide me."
Offensive material in general
Jerry Springer: the Opera is littered with countless profanities, many grotesque, as well as numerous crass descriptions of sexual perversions, some extremely strange.
Not only is this material a plain attack on Christianity, but in staging Jerry Springer:The Opera, the Beck Center also shows tremendous disrespect for the many Christian children, families and individuals whom they serve through its theater, music, art and dance lessons.
Thus far, the Beck Center has received nearly 20,000 requests from concerned people to halt production and yet it has declined to respect these.
If you are outraged by the Beck Center's staging of this production, we urge you to let the Beck Center know, and to add that, unless they halt the show's entire 5-week run and apologize, you will join the Beck Center Boycott against its classes, lessons and performances, now and in the future.
The Beck Center can be reached by calling 216-521-2540 or via email by going to http://www.beckcenter.org/contact/
Remember: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Thank you for your defense of our God, our Faith, and of our community.