* * * * * * * * * * * * *
NINE FIRST FRIDAYS DEVOTION
When Our Lord appeared to Saint Margaret Mary in 1673, He promised to grant the following favors to all those who practiced devotion to His Sacred Heart:
12 Promises of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary:
1) I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2) I will give peace in their families.
3) I will console them in all their troubles.
4) I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5) I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6) Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7) Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8) Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9) I will bless those places wherein the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10) I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11) Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12) In the excess of the mercy of my heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
A veritable treasure chest of spiritual gems! And what does He ask of us in return?
How to complete the Nine First Fridays Devotion:
On the first Friday of nine consecutive months:
1. Receive Holy Communion on each of the First Fridays;
2. The nine first Fridays must be consecutive;
3. They must be made in honor of and in reparation to His Sacred Heart.