Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More exciting reports from rally captains in the 2009 Rosary Crusade

Sorry for taking so long to report on the America Needs Fatima Rosary Rally.

I arrived at the Catholic Information Center alone (my wife was overseas) about 30 minutes before the time that I think you said we should gather.

I introduced myself to the young man at the counter and he gave me the tube with the America Needs Fatima banner. As I didn’t see anyone else about I prayed for a while in the chapel. When it came time to begin the walk to Lafayette Park and nobody else had showed up I decided to set out on my own.

When I reached the park there was much noise being made by a pro- “medical” marijuana protest group which was using a loud hailer to shout out their protests. There were groups of Palestinian and Comoros Islands demonstrators, and other groups I guess, between the main area of the park and the White House railings. I sat down on a park bench and began to say the Rosary. After a while a young man came by and asked me whether I was with America Needs Fatima.

He said that he noticed my lips moving! He joined me in the Rosary. Later a young man wearing a t-shirt with the word ‘Brazil’ paused beside us. Because America Needs Fatima was begun by a Brazilian organization I assumed that he was looking for our rally. I invited him to join us. As it turned out he was looking for an open-air picture exhibition of paintings of Our Lady!

The three of us finished the Joyful Mysteries and then said the Divine Mercy prayers. We did some sharing in which they found out that I am an architect living in DC and I found out that one of them is doing a Sociology masters at CUA and that the ‘Brazilian’ has an Irish father and a Honduran mother and belongs to a downtown DC parish. So much for my powers of discernment!

I hope the retreat that you went to was very successful. And I hope you will still support America Needs Fatima.  Have you seen the new movie on DVD called ‘The 13th. Day’?  It is available in single copies from Ignatius Press.  I have it on order.

Kind thoughts,

GC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Ritchie,

     We had at least a dozen rosary rallies in Jacksonville, Florida, so most of the people who came to my rally were people I asked personally. 

clip_image001

We had a small but diverse and very enthusiastic crowd.  We prayed in front of the Planned Parenthood, which has been closed and has not done an abortion in months due to the "40 Days for Life" vigils that were held in October and during Lent.  We are gradually winning the spiritual war in our culture, and God willing, we'll prevail in the end. 

AC, Rally Captain, Jacksonville FL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Robert,

Sorry to take so long to reply to you but it has been a busy few weeks for us. We merged our efforts with Knights of Columbus Council 14091 at Sacred Heart Church in Waltham, MA. We had about eighty to one hundred people in attendance and had a very nice rosary.

I am not writing to long as I am sure that Deacon Leo has written with most of the details. and we are thinking of having a separate Rosary next year in North Waltham.  We have a very active Parish and an active K of C Council.  We already sponsor a Rosary every second Saturday prior to our Saturday Mass.

SV, Grand Knight, K of C Council 14710, Our Lady Comforter of the Afflicted Parish 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheryl Waguespack actually did the rosary rally again this year.  I taught sacramental prep the same morning.  I was fortunate enough to attend the rally and it was BEAUTIFUL.  I saw them taking pictures.  I will ask Cheryl if she was able to email them to you.  Thank you and God Bless!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I WROTE A LONG PIECE CONCERNING OUR BEAUTIFUL CRUSADE, BUT COULDN'T SEND IT THROUGH BECAUSE THE LETTERS AND NUMBERS IN BOTTOM OF THE PAGE KEEPS ON TELLING ME THAT I AM TYPING THE WRONG THING.  I TRIED AND TRIED ABOUT 10 OR MORE DIFFERENT TIMES.  I WILL PROBABLY SEND IT TO YOU BY MAIL.

ANATALIA HERNANDEZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Robert Ritchie,
In response to your letter below, I tried to upload my stories thru the link you stated below but I was not allowed to access the URL. The same thing with the photos, I tried to upload thru the link you stated, but it did not work.
Do you want me to mail instead via post office my stories and the photos?
Thank you.
Maximina Jalojsos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a nasty day so they had it in St. Rose church with 17 attending. We took some pictures with a film and they are not developed yet. Laverta

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Ritchie,
We did not take any pictures, however, I can tell you that even though it was a very busy Saturday for everyone's calendar, we had five people in attendance.  The last person was on her way home from a funeral, laminating that she was going to miss the dog show, when she saw the banner, made a u-turn and joined us for the rosary.  We picked one of the busiest streets in Burlington which just happens to have the city park and parking lot on the busy street side with a flag pole.

Next year, I'd like to do it again but advertise early and often and get the KC's out to help us.  Is it going to be October 9th?
May God bless you and your families,
Cathy Lawler
Burlington, North Carolina

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Ritchie, it's been a week since I mailed my report and pictures
addressed to the attention of Mr. Francis Slobodnik of America Needs Fatima, P.O. Box 750224, Topeka, KS 66675.


Please contact him about how I did the Rosary Rally. I did the rally as a captain successfully. You may also please find out from one of your ANF Custodians Gregory Escaro who surprisingly joined my rally with 82 people. 

From what I gathered, the Rosary Rally was good and the people who attended were happy about it. Copies of pictures were also emailed to Mr. Escaro.


I would appreciate if some of the pictures I mailed to Mr. Slobodnik could be published to A N F magazine as proof of the Rosary Rally in Salinas, CA.
Thank you. God Bless.
Respectfully,
Rosalinda Minglana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert, I will be sending you a CD with the pictures and our rally it  was a success. The day was great we did not have as many people as we expected. I need your address to get it all out to you.

GOD BLESS YOU

Estella Cantu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment