Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Prayer for a good death

Divine Jesus, incarnate Son of God, Who for our salvation didst vouchsafe to be born in a stable, to pass Thy life in poverty, trials, and misery, and to die amid the sufferings of the cross, I entreat Thee in the hour of my death, say to Thy Divine Father: "Father, forgive him"; say to Thy beloved Mother: "Behold thy son"; say to my soul: "This day thou shalt be with me in paradise."
My God, my God, forsake me not in that hour.
"I thirst;" truly, my God, my soul thirsts after Thee, Who art the fountain of living waters. My life passes like a shadow; yet a little while and all will be consummated.
Wherefore, O my adorable Savior, from this moment, for all eternity, "into Thy hands I commend my spirit," Lord Jesus, receive my soul. Amen.

(THE RACCOLTA, 1910 Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment