Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Father's Prayer to Saint Joseph



Saint Joseph look I am tired tonight,
But somehow I think that you care;
For being a father and one who works
Are things that both of us share.
It tires a man, yet the heart is high,
For, Patron Saint, it’s all worthwhile.
Its rich reward is a loving wife,
And joyous light in a child’s smile.
O, father, worker, bear with me,
Help me, Saint Joseph, to do my best,
To love and protect my family
‘Til work shall cease and heaven is rest.
Amen



2 comments:

  1. Devotion to St. Joseph (SantaTeresa di Gesù)
    I have taken for the patron saint and for intercessor the glorious Saint Joseph, I have been highly commended to him and I have recognized, then, and in seguto, in circumstances where it was my honor and my health, that the great Saint always gave me useful and prompt assistance. I do not remember asking him anything on the day of his party and not having obtained it: I can not think without wonder and gratitude to the graces God has given me and to the dangers from which he saved me through the intercession of St. Joseph. It seems that our Lord wants to show us that, as he was subjected on earth to the one who held his father's place, so he can not refuse anything in heaven. I wish all Christians a great devotion to St. Joseph, because I did not know anyone who invoked him with fierce ardor, without feeling the effects of his protection and advancing on the path of piety.
    Little lesson on the communion of saints .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario, St. Joseph is a great choice. He is with us at the hour of our death. Then St. Michael comes for our Soul & takes us to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory. If you go to church a little early great graces & help in life & at death. Say St.Michael Chaplet in Pieta Prayer Book.

    ReplyDelete