Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates for the Saint Joseph Marriage Caravan...

Los Angeles, Yorba Linda, California

image

After attending the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, we found a busy intersection in Yorba Linda near a shopping center. The caravan now has three new members: Mr. Matthew Shibler and his brother Michael and Mr. Jose Walter Ferraz.

Out of the blue, a gentleman stopped and volunteered to spend part of his Sunday evening holding one of our pro-traditional marriage banners. "I've known the American TFP for years," he said. "I visited your headquarters when it was located in Bedford, New York."

Water balloon ambush
Three college-age individuals ran out from behind the gas station to our rear and started lobbing water balloons as us.

As soon as we turned around and looked at them, they fled. Two of our members followed them with cameras and managed to photograph the license plate of their getaway car – a black Volkswagen bug – which they scrambled into as fast as they could. I don't think they expected to see two cameras flashing away.

A man who had watched the water balloon attack from the pump station, called out: "Did you get their license plate number? You need to bust those people. You got it… great!"

I reported the incident to a police officer patrolling the area. He made a report, tracked the address of the owner of the vehicle and made some phone calls to ensure it would not happen again.

A special thank you to all blog readers. Your constant prayers and support are making this caravan possible.
To send a message to the members of this caravan, write to studentaction@tfp.org.

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it We would like to hear from you.

From the inbox:
Hi there fellow Catholics & TFP volunteers,
I was online reading all your daily encounters on your tour through California to rally support for traditional marriage. I am so happy to see your zeal for souls. I wish I could join you. I live in a small town in California named Blythe. I wanted to tell you that what you are doing is so important for mother Church. She needs all of our efforts, for us to fight as soldiers of Christ. I almost always end up in tears when I read about your encounters with people on the streets and in this country. Don't ever give up, YOU give me much hope.

This world (especially this country) needs these demonstrations defending MORALITY and defending CHRISTIANITY!!!! You will always encounter opposition; remember Jesus Christ was furiously opposed by those same blind fools, souls with hearts as hard as rocks and the saddest part is to see that they tread on the path to destruction. I see gay pride and I see the face of Satan surrounding it. I will always pray for you and your efforts. I think that GOD sees your most sincere intentions and He smiles upon you. He will always keep you safe. SAVE SOULS FOR CHRIST!!!!! The GOOD LORD will always assist us in defending His kingdom and perhaps you will touch a soul that will repent and have a true conversion. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU!!!!!
Rosie

How to Support the Caravan
If you wish to support this vital endeavor with a gift, please click below.
If you would like to make your contribution by mail, please send a check payable to TFP Student Action and mail it to:
TFP Student Action,
1358 Jefferson Rd.
Spring Grove, PA 17362.
We've already traveled over 3,000 miles for traditional marriage and it takes some $107.00 to fill our van's gas tank. Thank you for considering a gift to this cause. God bless you!
Financial Reports Notice

From Pomona, California 

After spending some time distributing pro-traditional marriage literature at the Los Angeles Fair in Pomona this morning, our campaign was cut short due to strict free speech regulations. The free speech area was a 5 x 5 white box and security guards were present at all times to make sure people stayed "inside the box."

Display of hatred against God
Mr. John Miller politely offered a flier to a man who reacted aggressively, uttering insults directly against God. "F--- your God!" he said. A bit startled, Mr. Miller could not believe what he was hearing, but the man repeated the blasphemy several times in a boisterous and vulgar tone. "Shame on you," said Mr. Miller, "it is not likely that you will repeat such offenses in the after life."

At the intersection
People were overwhelmingly supportive of traditional marriage during our rush hour campaign at the intersection on Towne Ave. One lady blew kisses to the TFP volunteers standing with signs on the sidewalks. Others applauded. It is also very common to see drivers give us two thumbs up.

In the evening TFP friends from Garden Grove, Los Angeles, kindly treated us to pizza.

Thank you for your support and please continue to storm Heaven with prayers so that traditional marriage and God's law will be respected and obeyed in America.
Saint Joseph, pray for us!

From the inbox:
"We can still win…"
I am a Protestant, but so excited by what you all are doing! If Christians everywhere will take a stand and make our voices heard, we WILL see change! God has a remnant and they are powerful! Just like Gideon's army—we can be outnumbered and still win the battles and eventually the war! I will keep you in my prayers.
-- Lisa
Heath, TX

"The Church is alive and well…"
God bless you young people. I'm now 82 so I only demonstrate with my prayers or my emails. You will know someday how many people were turned around by your witness. Surely God and His Holy Angels are with you. The Church is alive and well and we see it in you. You are all in my prayers.
-- Janice

"Praying and making sacrifices…"
We are e-mailing this around to many who care about our citizen rights as voters as well as the sanctity of marriage – a blessed Sacrament of the Church. And we will be praying and making sacrifices for you. Godspeed! Thank you for all that you do. Keep up the God work! Jesus, Mary we love you, save souls!
-- Elizabeth O.

"Daily prayers…"
Dear students,
May the Lord bless and keep you for your brave work for Him. You will be in my daily prayers.
-- Judi Lynk

"Passing out fliers"
Just wanted to let you know that, although I am a Mormon, I will be praying for your success. I, too, am passing out fliers to support traditional marriage, and my wife and I, and our 3 children, stood at a busy intersection for nearly 2 hours last week holding "One Man, One Woman" signs just as you are. I noticed that there aren't any new posts about your efforts on the tfp.org website past Sep 11th or 12th. Are you still going strong? Please post again to let us know of your current whereabouts. May God bless you.
-- Rod K.

A quick comment about the caravan and what it says about America. I am shocked! I have been following these blogs just recently with a mixture of fascination and horror that people are reacting with such hatred and violence to such a simple display of nonviolence and perfect modesty in public behavior (the members of the Saint Joseph Caravan). I have learned to focus on reactions of people as an indicator of underlying truth and the blasphemous behavior is sad and telling.
I want to tell you something that has distressed me of late. I underwent a conversion by the hand of the Blessed Mary to the Roman Catholic Faith this past December. The local parish I have been attending has taught me a lot of what is going on in the world of Roman Catholicism in America. You see, Our Mother rescued me from the cult of New Age. There is an information table in our foyer around the lobby of the small Chapel where I attend Mass during the week and people leave literature of all kinds. It was on this table, in fact, that I learned about America Needs Fatima and looked up your link. I have been taking Church position papers on warnings of New Age to leave for others and they are always swiftly destroyed. Of late, I was taking nice printouts of your Saint Joseph Caravan blogs from California and I found they, too, were quickly disappearing.
Douglas A.
Longmont, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment