Thursday, June 4, 2009

The remarkable conversion experience of Eve Lavalliere

During the end of the 19th century a very famous french actress, Eve Lavalliere had a remarkable conversion experience.

Prior to her conversion she lived the life of a Magdalene.  She sank so low that besides immorality she also dabbled in the occult and Satanism. After her repentance she became a Franciscan Tertiary and lived much of the rest of her life as a lay missionary in northern Africa.

    In a true spirit of repentance Eve composed a beautiful prayer directed to Our Lord.  Similar to Eve, so many today have become trapped in immorality and occult even if indirectly. This immorality and the occult seeps into the lives of many through the many harmful aspects of our culture such as immoral or even satanic music, objectionable movies, video games, the Internet etc.

If you or someone you know needs help with repentance here is Eve's beautiful prayer:

Oh my beloved Mater, By Thy hands nailed to the Cross, I beseech Thee to wipe away all of the sins committed by my criminal hands.

My sweet Jesus, by the painful fatigue endured by Thy blessed feet, by the divine wounds They suffered when They were pierced, wipe away the filth left by my guilty feet.

Finally, Oh my Master, Oh my Creator, Oh my Savior, by the dignity and innocence of Thy life, by the holiness and purity which characterized it, wash away all of the stains of my impure life.

May that abominable life exist no more in me, may the ardor of Thy love hold me entirely, for Thou art, Oh my King, the sole refuge of my soul; grant that I may be unceasingly consumed with the ardor of Thy charity.

Give me, my Redeemer, above all, Holy Humility.

2 comments:

  1. I love this woman. Never knew about here until a America Needs Fatima email came to me. I found your blog somewhere...and copied her prayer which so touched me. Thank you for posting it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the 1980's there was a booklet out - by the Liguorian- I think, about many details of Eve's life with photos. She really is a model of repentance for us all in this so-called "enlightened age" of debauchery and atheism.

    ReplyDelete