Saturday, May 17, 2014

2nd day prayer in the novena to Our Lady Help of Christians

SECOND DAY:

Taking that sweet Ave, which from Gabriel came, peace confirm within us, changing Eve's name.

image


PRAYER: Mary Most Holy, Mother of goodness and mercy, who with thy visible patronage oftentimes freed the Christian people from the assaults and barbarism of Moslems, I ask Thee to deliver my soul from the onslaughts of the world, devil and the flesh, and grant that I may be able obtain at all times complete victory over the enemies of my soul.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be…
Hail Holy Queen…

Mary, Help of Christians, Pray for us.

A SHORT BIBLICAL READING:

“And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord: be it done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1: 38)

In short, Mary Most Holy offers us an example of humility, obedience and readiness to do the Will of God and cooperate in the realization of His Plan of Salvation. "Lord, what dost Thou want me to do? Make me an instrument of thy peace."

The full novena is here:

https://www.americaneedsfatima.org/Our-Blessed-Mother/novena-to-our-lady-help-of-christians.html#day2

No comments:

Post a Comment