Friday, February 27, 2009

New eruption of Chaiten volcano recalls sorrowful sacrilege in Chile

image

Remember the Sacrilegious Burning of the Statue of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Chile?

On April 18, 2008, a man dressed in black burned a statue of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in the Cathedral chapel of Santiago, Chile.
The Chilean newspaper La Segunda showed the burnt statue of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Before. (Foto: El Mercurio)

(Foto: Michael Gálvez, La Segunda)

Soon after the sacrilegious burning the Chaiten volcano in South Chile erupted.

This week, the volcano started erupting again, causing great concern in Chile.

image

Nasa photo of the Chaiten volcano.

Please pray the novena below to Our Lady for two intentions:

a) in reparation for this terrible blasphemy;

b) for the indifference of the Chilean people to this insult to their Patroness.

Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Oh, most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven.  Blessed Mother of the Son of God; Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity.  Oh, Star of the Sea, help me and show me you are my Mother.

Oh, Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in my necessity. (Mention your request here).

There are none that can withstand your power.

Oh, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. (3x).

Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands. (3x). Amen.

Say this prayer and then you must publish it and it will be granted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment