Monday, May 19, 2008

Brave comeback for Purity!

Our Lady of Fatima told Blessed Jacinta that sins of impurity were responsible for most people going to Hell.

In today's hypersexualized world, no one in their right mind would dispute that claim.

However, purity is making a brave comeback among some sectors of society. For example, please read this: A commitment to purity

SUCCESSFUL — BUT CONTROVERSIAL — CEREMONY MARKS ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY
May 17, 2008 - 1:11AM

BY BILL REED
THE GAZETTE

A twirling mass of white lace surrounded a rough wooden cross as a troupe of young women danced in a circle looking like porcelain dolls come to life. Then Randy Wilson and Kevin Moore hoisted swords in the air and a ballroom full of 149 fathers and daughters walked beneath them toward the cross and laid white roses at its base. The swords symbolized the fathers' commitment to battle for their daughters and the roses symbolized the daughters' commitment to God to remain pure.

Then Wilson announced, "Let the ball begin." This is the 10th anniversary of the Father-Daughter Purity Ball, one of the most successful - and controversial - ideas to come out of Colorado Springs' conservative Christian community.

Fathers at the purity ball, held at The Broadmoor on Friday night, pledge not only to live purely, but to be the authority and protector of their daughters' purity. The idea for the ball started with the Wilsons, a self-described "little homeschool family in Briargate." When the oldest of Randy Wilson's five daughters turned 13, he went in search of a watershed event to celebrate her transition into womanhood, as well as his commitment as a father to stand by her. He couldn't find one.

"We didn't see a place to honor the father-daughter relationship in our culture, so we created a place," said his wife, Lisa Wilson. Their idea has turned into a nationwide movement, with 4,400 purity balls taking place in the U.S. in 2007, said the National Abstinence Clearinghouse in Washington.

Let's beg God to favor the purity movement and stop the impurity avalanche of magazines, dress, language and behavior that we see in schools, supermarkets, TV, etc.

For the full story please read here:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/ball_36434___article.html/purity_wilson.html

12 comments:

  1. Blessed Virgin Mary, send me a miracle as I am desperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found in the past that she is very helpful when you pray to her, in time she will help you.

      Marine P.

      Delete
  2. Mount Carmel Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
    Oh, most beautiful flower of Mt. Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven. Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity, Oh Star of the Sea, help me and show me you are my Mother. Oh, Holy Mary, Mother of God, queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in my necessity (make request).
    There are none that can withstand your power.
    Oh, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee (say three times).
    Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands (say three times). Amen
    Say this prayer for three consecutive days then you must publish and it will be granted to you.
    Holy Mary, please help with with my petition
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh most beautiful flower of mount carmel , fruitful vine, spledour of heaven , blessed mother of the son of god, immaculate virgin please assist me in my necessity, oh star of the sea ,help me and show me you are my mother, oh holy mary , mother of god queen of heaven and earth ,i humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succour me in this my necessity,(make request)there are none that can withstand your power,oh mary conceived without sin , pray for us that have recourse to thee (say three times)holy mary i place this prayer in you hands (say three times , amen. Say this prayer for three concecutive days then you must publish and it wil be granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh most beautiful flower of mount carmel fruitful vine, blessed mother of the son of god ,immaculate virgin assist me in this my necessity ,oh star of the sea show me you are my mother , oh holy mary ,mother of god queen of heaven and earth i hubly beswwch you frm the bottom of my heart to succour me in my necessity ,(mention request) there are none that can withstand your power , oh mary conceived with out sin pray for us who have recourse to thee, (say three times )holy mary i place this prayer in your hands (say three times). amen. Say this prayer for three concecutive days then you must publish and will be granted to you . thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven.
    Blessed Mother of the Son of God; Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity.
    Oh, Star of the Sea, help me and show me you are my Mother.
    Oh, Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succour me in my necessity. (Mention your request here).
    There are none that can withstand your power.
    Oh, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. (3x).
    Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands. (3x). Amen.

    Say this prayer for 3 consecutive days and then you must publish it and it will be granted to you.

    I have now said this for three days.
    Thank you Mother Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mother Mary its the third day of my novena and I just want to say thank you! For I believe you will help us with my daughter's passport and number situation that you will interceed for us so no more documentation will be required that the necessary authorities will bow to you Oh mother Mary, I thank you!
    SM

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARY MY MOTHER I TRUST IN YOU FOR HELP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for answering my prayer through the intercession of Virgin Mary. My son is healed completely and I believe my family is well protected. I will always serve You Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know my prayer il b answered surely.. I have full faith in mother mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have full faith in mother mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. M
    oh most beautiful flower of mount carmel fruitful vine, blessed mother of the son of god ,immaculate virgin assist me in this my necessity ,oh star of the sea show me you are my mother , oh holy mary ,mother of god queen of heaven and earth i hubly beswwch you frm the bottom of my heart to succour me in my necessity ,(mention request) there are none that can withstand your power , oh mary conceived with out sin pray for us who have recourse to thee, (say three times )holy mary i place this prayer in your hands (say three times). amen. Say this prayer for three concecutive days then you must publish and will be granted to you .

    ReplyDelete