Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 22-30 Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
by Saint Margaret Mary Alocoque

O my Jesus, Thou didst say:

"Amen, I say to you, ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Hence I knock, I seek, and I ask for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say:
"Amen, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in My name, He will give unto you.” Hence I ask the Father, in Thy name, for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say:
"Amen, I say to you, heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away." Encouraged by Thy infallible words, I now ask for the grace of...Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be... O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

Let us pray!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, for Whom one thing alone is impossible, namely, not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace we ask of Thee, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Thy tender Mother and ours.

Hail Holy Queen...

Saint Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
Heart of Jesus, rich unto all that call upon Thee, have mercy on us!
Heart of Jesus, salvation of those who hope in Thee, have mercy on us!

Consecration to The Sacred Heart

Jesus Christ, I recognize Thee as the King of the universe. Thou art the Author of all creation. Exercise over me all Thy rights. Renew in me those promises that I solemnly made in my baptism, rejecting Satan with all his works and pomps. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the omnipotent intercession of Thy Most Holy Mother, I offer Thee all of my poor works and actions so that men might recognize Thy Sacred Royalty and reign that Thou dost desire to establish throughout the whole universe.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment