Sunday, October 12, 2008

First pictures and reports coming in from yesterdays's 3,500 rosary rallies

(Next week, I'll have a complete report...stay tuned.)

The first reports, emails and pictures are starting to come in.  It's sooooo exciting to see them.

Here are just a few to keep you until I can get a complete report with thousands of  pictures and stories.  God bless, Robert

WDC Rosary Rally_247

Rosary Rally in front of the US Supreme Court in Washington DC.

DSCN5567

Coral Gables, Florida.

----------------------------------------------------------

From the email:

Cincinnati, Ohio:

     Well, we made it!  The day here in Cincinnati was an absolutely beautiful early fall day with crisp air and lots of bight sunshine to usher in the prayer vigil in honor of the 91st anniversary of Our Lady’s appearance to the three shepherd children of Fatima. 

     We had to move the vigil up to 10:00 A.M. as another rosary group already had Fountain Square booked for 12 – 1, but the timing actually worked out better. 

     We had a crowd of just under 100 participants, with the rosary led by Fr. James Reutter (we chose the Sorrowful Mysteries today because they seemed more reflective of our country & the world we find ourselves living in these days) and a beautiful homily by Fr. Andrew Umberg reflecting on the historical perspective of Our Lady’s life here on earth and thereafter in apparitions & miracles through the ages. 

     We were able to use the sound system on Fountain Square to play various renderings of Ave Maria and we completed a 60 slide Power Point presentation that looped through the entire vigil.  The slides represented historical depictions of Our Lady’s life & were displayed on a 20’ high screen on top of the building immediately behind the podium and speakers. 

     We sang three songs, ending with “Let their be Peace,” and were fortunate enough to have coordinated with a woman who has been singing in church choirs for over 30 years and therefore did a wonderful job in leading the singing. 

     We had a whole series of flyers, prayer cards, & info from the TFP & other conservative Catholic groups to hand out on Fountain Square, as well as a brown, white, & green scapulars & are pleased to report that these were all well received. 

     Interestingly enough, my wife  talked with a lady on the Square just as we were leaving who was inquiring about the statue of Our Lady of Fatima & she asked if we could bring the statue to her home this evening as she had a family gathering for 38 children, in-laws, & grand-children tomorrow so we had a very full day indeed.  As it turned out in our conversation this evening, this woman started Birth Right here in Cincinnati to help women considering abortion, so we had a wonderful talk and visit, capping an especially blessed day.

     We will do our best to send you photos if they turned out ok on our digital camera but we are both pretty much brain dead this evening so it will have to wait until Monday if that is ok. 

P.A.

From Coral Gables, Florida:

Just a rapid advance note from an extremely BLESSED day because of the numerous places where we had the rosary in Miami.  The attendance was more wide spread than I had imagined....will send details later.

This is our group in Coral Gables, Our Lady attracted a nice group this year. Here is the picture.

S.P.

Satan trying to stop this

     I just wanted you to know that Satan has been trying to stop the 2008 Rosary Rallies through out the US. I have tried since Thursday to pull the US map on your web sight to find a rally here in Albuquerque, and since Thursday, your web sight is not legible.

    Everything that pertains to the different rallies, states, cities, names and phone numbers are all imposed over each other, not very much is legible. I was blessed and was barely able to find a rally that would be praying on the catwalk over I-40 at Coors. All I was able to see was "the catwalk over the freeway" and the phone number.

     My best friend and I went and what a blessing!! It was windy and spitting drops of rain "holy water" as one lovely lady called it, but just as we finished praying the sun came out. I have no doubt that Our Lady was with us. It was wonderful, to the have the cars and trucks honking as they went by.

I just know that 2008 will be more successful than 2007, and that 2009 even more.

God Bless, A.K.

From Tualatin, Oregon

Dear Robert,

Thank you again for the beautiful opportunity to get it right ;-) This year was better than last year I find myself all pumped up and ready to do it again. Please let me know if you need more information:

We can be seen from Stafford Road and from I-205.

Before we started I gave the Fatima Prayer, Litany, Consecration, Hail Holy Queen and Immaculate Mary sections to each participant. As soon as the Church bells rang 12 we gather by the sign and I read the intro and started the Holy Rosary, after I read the Divine Praises and let each participant know when to read their section.

I have to admit I panicked when at 10 minutes to noon it was just me and my husband and our 2 children, then 2 ladies showed up and I thought to myself well I hoped for more people but 3 people praying is better than just me, and at 5 minutes to noon a couple showed up. So we started right on time and half way through the 1st mystery the another couple showed up and a little later the last adult with 2 children showed up.

As people started to show up I stop feeling nervous and sad, I started to feel taller and stronger with an overwhelming sense of happiness rushing through me.

Created an event on my facebook profile.

God Bless, can't hardly wait to do it again next year!

B. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment