Monday, May 28, 2012

Queens abortion mill shut down after 37-year-old mother dies in horrific botched abortion

by Operation Rescue staff

QUEENS, NEW YORK, May 25, 2012, ( – Robert Hosty, who ran the A-1 Women’s Center abortion clinic in Queens, New York, has had his license revoked after Operation Rescue staff filed a complaint against him for the death of Alexandra Nunez, a 37-year old single mother of four. The revocation order, dated February 6, 2012, was only recently obtained by Operation Rescue.

Nunez went to Hosty for an abortion when she was about 16-17 weeks pregnant. She had a history of two C-Section deliveries and a condition where the placenta was more deeply embedded in the wall of the uterus than normal. Hosty spent nine minutes aborting her baby. Near the end of the procedure, she began to bleed uncontrollably. Nunez went into cardiac arrest from loss of blood, and no one bothered to administer chest compressions. Hosty waited an hour before calling 911 for help.

The revocation documents stated the following:

Paramedics arrived at A-1 Women’s Center on Roosevelt Avenue at 4:58 p.m. (almost one hour after the surgery ended.) They say Patient B [Nunez] on an exam table/chair with her legs open. They saw blood on the floor and blood coming from Patient B. They also saw bloody clothes in the corner. They noted that Patient B was grey and ashen, meaning that she was likely dead. She was cold to the touch.

Paramedics never saw or interacted with Hosty. After the abortion, he left it to his assistant to attempt to revive the patient, who was pronounced dead on arrival at a nearby hospital.

Two other women are also listed as victims of Hosty. One woman suffered permanent brain damage after she went into respiratory distress and cardiac arrest during surgery to remove a gynecological cyst. Another woman was given a full hysterectomy by Hosty, who discharged her from the hospital even though she suffered a fever of 102 degrees. She was forced to return to the emergency room for proper treatment.

Operation Rescue initially filed the complaint against another abortionist who was thought to have been involved in Nunez’s death, but submitted information about Hosty to the Board after the other abortionist contacted Operation Rescue to say the one involved was actually Hosty.

“We are very grateful that Hosty has been held accountable for his negligence. Hosty’s conduct in each case demonstrated a cold-hearted disrespect for the lives of his patients. Once their conditions became complicated, it was as if he was just done with them. We are glad to see that he will never be able to hurt women and their pre-born babies again,” said Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor for Operation Rescue and Pro-Life Nation.

Read Hosty’s Revocation Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment