"The Testament Of Mary"
Published By Simon & Schuster
Depicts Mary As A Bitter Unbeliever
This new book is very disturbing.
If you prefer, you can send your protest message to Simon & Schuster and not read below about its contents.
Tell Simon & Schuster to stop distributing this anti-Mary book
We must react and reject blasphemy. To do nothing is to acquiesce to the offense.
In the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Holy Mother Church invokes her as “Virgin most faithful.” -- most faithful to her Son and His mission of Redemption.
According to Media Research Center’s press report, in the book “The Testament of Mary”…
- an alienated Mary flees the scene of her Son’s death in fear for her own life
- Mary is filled with bitterness and rage
- Mary describes herself as “unhinged” and bubbling with contempt for her Son’s demented followers, to the extreme that she threatens the Gospel writers with a knife
- Mary lives as a bandit, stealing to survive
- e-protest NOW
- Mary’s point of view is that her Son’s followers must be stopped from making Jesus a god, “or else everything that happened will become a sweet story that will grow poisonous as bright berries that hang low on trees.”
- Mary thinks Christ’s disciples are “fools, twitchers, malcontents, stammerers”
- Mary's Son’s preaching sounded to her “false, and his tone all stilted, and I could not bear to hear him, it was like something grinding and it set my teeth on edge.”
- Mary proclaims of the death of Jesus only that “when you say that he redeemed the world, I will say that it was not worth it. It was not worth it.”
- e-protest NOW
- “The making of the Gospels is portrayed not as an act of sacred remembrance but as an invasion and a theft. The Evangelists are portrayed as menacing intruders on Mary’s privacy after Our Lord’s death.
- “Mary, the mother of Jesus, has given Christianity a good name. None of the negatives that have made Christianity a byword for tyranny, cruelty and licensed hatred have attached to her,” Gordon began. “The problem with all this is that it has led to centuries of sentimentality — blue and white Madonnas with folded hands and upturned eyes, a stick with which to beat independent women.”
Truly, this is book is blasphemy!
And it shows that Catholics cannot become complacent when the Faith of the very Mother of God is attacked.
Otherwise, the promoters of blasphemy keep on pushing the envelope with new and more outrageous insults to the Catholic Church.
Yet they don’t attack Muhammad’s mother in this same way, do they?
It’s good that we recognize their strategy: unceasing repetition of blasphemy of every kind to demoralize Catholics and people of good will.
Let us peacefully and prayerfully protest and speak out against these assaults on the faith of our “Virgin most faithful”.
And please do an act of reparation for this most terrible blasphemy against Our Lord, Our Lady and the Catholic Faith.
Suggested Act of Reparation: using your rosary, go through the beads of each decade saying on each bead “Virgin most faithful, pray for us.” Or “Jesus I believe. Help Thou my unbelief.”
God bless you!
And may Our Lady reward you!