CAREFUL…this is deeply disturbing because of
• the attack on Our Lady
• and the use of youngsters to “perform” the attack.
The theater department, Head of School, and Board of Trustees at the Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School in South Hadley, Massachusetts, are …
- allowing young students to advance blasphemy against the Catholic and Christian Faith
- contributing to the desensitization of youth to homosexuality, by repeated exposure to its themes and condoning it
It’s true. Read on.
The PVPA (grades 7 -12, that is, 13 -18 year olds) will allow the school’s theater department to perform…
The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told, which in other venues, the press reports
- that it portrays Our Lady as a lesbian
- and it gives a homosexual version of the Old Testament, with scenes of “Adam and Steve” in full frontal nudity (hopefully this one immoral part of the “play” will not be performed by these youngsters!)
And this blasphemous performance will take place at the Academy of Music Theater. Their advertisement states that the play “dissects history, relationships, gay politics and the mystery of faith. A cast of ten will perform the two couples and other roles, including the Pharaoh, a paraplegic lesbian rabbi and a Stage Manager who is, after all, God.”
Is this the sort of theatrical material students should participate in at school?
According to City Pages: “Contrary to church doctrine, the Virgin Mary turns out to be a flaky lesbian… Adam, Steve, and company have gathered in a Chelsea loft to celebrate Christmas and a second immaculate conception.”
And according to The New York Times, the playwright himself is a homosexual, and this is how he describes his play:
“I wanted the Garden of Eden in Central Park, and Mary as a lesbian mother, which would certainly help me comprehend immaculate conception.” (The New York Times, 12/6/98)
Send your online protest against this horrible play.
Instead of remaining silent, we must prayerfully protest this play, always legally and peacefully. By doing so we show the Blessed Mother that we care, and that we love Her, and that we will defend Her holy honor.
On behalf of the Virgin Mary’s honor, please join me in this protest.
Taking a Principled, not a Personal Stand, On Homosexuality